Skip to main content

Thinking of South America

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, and Brazil
Christmas is over, the temperature is well below freezing, and I’m sitting in an empty house with nothing but boxes and bottles of wine. There are so many decisions to be made: where will I live, what will I do, what will I study. And yet, despite all of that or perhaps because of it, I’m allowing myself to do nothing at all, to think of nothing but the past eight months and what they meant to me.
It all feels like a dream.
*Follow me on Facebook and Twitter!*

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things to do in Nuremberg, Germany: The Ultimate List!

Looking for things to do in Nuremberg, Germany? This list has you covered with everything from the touristy musts to quirkier offbeat finds. Enjoy! I’ll be real: Nuremberg is a place that’s   easy to fall for. This world-famous city, located in the north of Bavaria, is every bit the fairytale dream so often linked to  Deutschland : candy cane half-timbered facades, an epic castle on a hill, dangerously munchable gingerbread, and a glittering Christmas market to boot. But as with most amazing cities, the true magic of Nuremberg comes from its dynamic layers. Lurking beneath those photogenic facades is a dark past intertwined with war, genocide, and centuries of tumultuous history. It is precisely this duality that makes Nuremberg one of the most fascinating cities to visit in Germany, and one that you can keep visiting again and again. So, what is there to do in Nuremberg? It turns out, plenty of things. Below you’ll find a roundup of my favourite things to do in ...

Amanda’s 2019 Holiday Gift Guide for Travelers and Travel Lovers

Let me share a little fun fact with you guys about myself: I LOVE Christmas, and especially love picking out the perfect gifts for all the people in my life. I shop year-round for the people I love, and usually have a stash of “ oh, this would be perfect for [insert family member name here] ” gifts come Christmas time. (Tell me I'm not alone here?) If you've got a picky traveler in your life (or if you're like me and never seem to need or want anything specific around the holidays), this gift guide may help you find the perfect present. This list is full of items that I personally use and love , and that I think other travelers will enjoy, too. Most of them are things I've purchased with my own money – nobody has paid me to include an item here, so you can trust that the recommendations are real! So, without further ado, I give you the 2019 edition of Amanda's Holiday Gift Guide for Travelers (and Travel-Lovers)! TRAVEL PACKING MUST-HAVES 1. Con...

How These 9 Qualities Shape Generation X Travel Choices

Generation X has money to spend on vacations, but tends to stay close to home The travel choices Baby Boomers make have attracted interest for decades. And their children – the Millennials – are an influential new force in travel. But what about the generation sandwiched between them: Generation X travel preferences? Age ranges vary, but typically Gen X was born between 1965 and 1982. They’re about 25 percent of the U.S. population – some 68 million strong. They’re established in their careers, and MMGY Global reports that 61 percent have children at home. They’re paying off mortgages and other debt, and saving for college educations for the kids and retirement for themselves. How do these factors and more influence Generation X travel? Read on for these 9 factors that shape how Gen Xers choose to vacation.