Skip to main content

The Painful, But Required Post-Trip Funk (PTF)

We’ve all been via this. If not, contemplate your self fortunate. Possibly your symptom is leaving the bags packed for weeks as some kind of memorial journey shrine, possibly it is the random sighs and slumped shoulders every time you pass the pile of payments on your coffee table, or it’s the irrational irritability towards inanimate objects (my picked coping mechanism), like individuals damn lilac bushes dropping leaves all in excess of the yard. Worst case scenario, you appear a bit like that guy in the image. Anyways, it all sort of slaps you back into that 9-to-5 world. So significantly is written out there about trip prep, but much less is written about this equally crucial element of traveling: finding back to reality.

I’m guilty additional than I’ll ever admit, and that is the purpose I was especially drawn to WorldHum’s article on the treatment and signs and symptoms of this “condition.” Worry not, faithful readers, assist is on the way.

There is, sadly, no regarded cure for PTF, but sporting income belts and applying huge quantities of sunscreen can alleviate symptoms. No one particular understands exactly why but researchers surmise these strategies “trick” the body into believing it is nonetheless traveling.

It would seem that when we come household we have changed, probably slightly, but it is change nonetheless. Adjusting to the new information of by yourself and the globe is complicated when possessing to match it into the box of your former, equally unchanged, life. This can be frustrating, hopeless, depressing, and awkward. Possibly the most significant way to describe it, like it or not, is essential.

Then yet again, there’s absolutely nothing awkward about sitting in your cubicle with a thick layer of sunscreen on. Now, is there?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things to do in Nuremberg, Germany: The Ultimate List!

Looking for things to do in Nuremberg, Germany? This list has you covered with everything from the touristy musts to quirkier offbeat finds. Enjoy! I’ll be real: Nuremberg is a place that’s   easy to fall for. This world-famous city, located in the north of Bavaria, is every bit the fairytale dream so often linked to  Deutschland : candy cane half-timbered facades, an epic castle on a hill, dangerously munchable gingerbread, and a glittering Christmas market to boot. But as with most amazing cities, the true magic of Nuremberg comes from its dynamic layers. Lurking beneath those photogenic facades is a dark past intertwined with war, genocide, and centuries of tumultuous history. It is precisely this duality that makes Nuremberg one of the most fascinating cities to visit in Germany, and one that you can keep visiting again and again. So, what is there to do in Nuremberg? It turns out, plenty of things. Below you’ll find a roundup of my favourite things to do in ...

Amanda’s 2019 Holiday Gift Guide for Travelers and Travel Lovers

Let me share a little fun fact with you guys about myself: I LOVE Christmas, and especially love picking out the perfect gifts for all the people in my life. I shop year-round for the people I love, and usually have a stash of “ oh, this would be perfect for [insert family member name here] ” gifts come Christmas time. (Tell me I'm not alone here?) If you've got a picky traveler in your life (or if you're like me and never seem to need or want anything specific around the holidays), this gift guide may help you find the perfect present. This list is full of items that I personally use and love , and that I think other travelers will enjoy, too. Most of them are things I've purchased with my own money – nobody has paid me to include an item here, so you can trust that the recommendations are real! So, without further ado, I give you the 2019 edition of Amanda's Holiday Gift Guide for Travelers (and Travel-Lovers)! TRAVEL PACKING MUST-HAVES 1. Con...

The Globe’s 10 Top Food Cities: Why They’re Worth The Trip

The competition to be one of the world’s top food cities is intense. Many cities are famed for a particular dish, or certain restaurant, or specific experience that delights foodie travelers. But only 10 cities make the cut of the crème de la crème of the world’s food destinations. Here are those culinary metropolises, and why they’re the top food cities in the world.