Skip to main content

Hannah’s Top Moments Exploring North Dakota

We started our #epicUSroadtrip exploring North Dakota. We spent 7 nights making our way across the 39th state. We entered North Dakota on the East side starting in Fargo, and ended on the far west side and exiting through Lemmon. We slept in a yurt, slept in a teepee, eat deep fried steak, cheered on the local baseball team, and so much more. Here’s a look back on my top moments exploring North Dakota.


Eating Pitchfork Dinner

Foodie Friday - Pitchfork Fondue - Medora North Dakota-7

When I googled pitchfork dinner, North Dakota, I was not sold. A deep-fried steak did not sound appetizing to me at all, but it was the thing to eat in Medora, ND. We decided we had to give it go, so off we went with empty stomachs.

The pitchfork dinner is served on a cafeteria-like tray that you load up at a salad & potato bar. Then we made our way over to the grilling station where a huge steak was loaded onto our tray. I expected to be disappointed by the steak and was pleasantly WRONG. It was super juicy and tasty, no steak sauce required. If and when I find myself back in North Dakota I will order up another pitchfork fondue.

Riding ATV’s in Pembina Gorge

Seven Day Strech - North Dakota-13

One afternoon we went out on ATV’s with one of the North Dakota park rangers in the Pembina Gorge. The Pembina Gorge is approximately 12,500 acres, which extends all the way up to the Canadain border. We had a great afternoon tearing up the trails and chatting with the park ranger about life in North Dakota.

Being A Few Of The Only Tourists At Theodore Roosevelt Park

Hannah's favorite North Dakota - Theodore Roosevelt National Park-1

Can you imagine going to National Park in August and there maybe being 50 other people in the entire park?!? Well, that is the reality when visiting Theodore Roosevelt National Park, which we have named the coolest little National Park you’ve never heard of.  We had a great time being able to see the park at our leisure without getting stuck behind herds of tourists, which is the reality of most National Parks.

The Endless Sunflower Fields

Seven Day Strech - North Dakota - Instagram-2

We were lucky to time our trip to North Dakota when the sunflowers were in full bloom. If you travel to North Dakota in the late summer you’ll be able to catch the sunflower fields, it’s a sea of yellow. We found this field right next to Salem Sue.

Milking Salem Sue

Salem Sue - North Dakota - world's largest holstein cow statue-2

How could we not stop when we saw a sign on the highway for the “WORLD’S LARGEST HOLSTEIN COW”? Salem Sue is big…really big! When I saw her utters, and Adam said smile my inner 5-year-old came out and I milked her….


It’s safe to say I had a great week exploring North Dakota. North Dakota was one of those states I didn’t know much about, or that there was anything to do there… Well, North Dakota, you surprised me!

Have you been to North Dakota? Share with me your top moments! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things to do in Nuremberg, Germany: The Ultimate List!

Looking for things to do in Nuremberg, Germany? This list has you covered with everything from the touristy musts to quirkier offbeat finds. Enjoy! I’ll be real: Nuremberg is a place that’s   easy to fall for. This world-famous city, located in the north of Bavaria, is every bit the fairytale dream so often linked to  Deutschland : candy cane half-timbered facades, an epic castle on a hill, dangerously munchable gingerbread, and a glittering Christmas market to boot. But as with most amazing cities, the true magic of Nuremberg comes from its dynamic layers. Lurking beneath those photogenic facades is a dark past intertwined with war, genocide, and centuries of tumultuous history. It is precisely this duality that makes Nuremberg one of the most fascinating cities to visit in Germany, and one that you can keep visiting again and again. So, what is there to do in Nuremberg? It turns out, plenty of things. Below you’ll find a roundup of my favourite things to do in ...

Amanda’s 2019 Holiday Gift Guide for Travelers and Travel Lovers

Let me share a little fun fact with you guys about myself: I LOVE Christmas, and especially love picking out the perfect gifts for all the people in my life. I shop year-round for the people I love, and usually have a stash of “ oh, this would be perfect for [insert family member name here] ” gifts come Christmas time. (Tell me I'm not alone here?) If you've got a picky traveler in your life (or if you're like me and never seem to need or want anything specific around the holidays), this gift guide may help you find the perfect present. This list is full of items that I personally use and love , and that I think other travelers will enjoy, too. Most of them are things I've purchased with my own money – nobody has paid me to include an item here, so you can trust that the recommendations are real! So, without further ado, I give you the 2019 edition of Amanda's Holiday Gift Guide for Travelers (and Travel-Lovers)! TRAVEL PACKING MUST-HAVES 1. Con...

The Globe’s 10 Top Food Cities: Why They’re Worth The Trip

The competition to be one of the world’s top food cities is intense. Many cities are famed for a particular dish, or certain restaurant, or specific experience that delights foodie travelers. But only 10 cities make the cut of the crème de la crème of the world’s food destinations. Here are those culinary metropolises, and why they’re the top food cities in the world.